Saturday, February 28, 2009

Toolkit of the roving reporter

From the Feb./Mar. 2009 issue of Ready Made, suggestions for a complete roving multimedia reporter's kit. In case the print's too small to read, it contains, starting from bottom left and going clockwise:
-video (Flip MinoHD camcorder)
-digital audio recorder
-data storage (flash drive)
-a power source (Chargepod Charging Hub)
-camera
-tripod (Gorillapod)
-USB hub expander
-rechargeable batteries



I have nearly all these things, though I hardly carry them all around all at once. My digital camera substitutes as my video I guess. I have a knock-off Gorillapod which works fine but is a bit cumbersome to carry around. My rechargeable batteries aren't as nifty as the ones shown in the magazine which are really cool - they recharge via USB plug in.

They really needed to include a notebook and pen though.

What's in your multimedia kit?

No comments:

Post a Comment